You may already be familiar with Instagram Business Profiles, but you may not know that they've also been rolling our Creator Accounts - perfect for public figures, content producers, artists and influencers.
If you've landed here, you have probably either converted your own Instagram profile to a Creator Account or are interested in learning more about why you should choose them over Business Accounts. We're here to help!
Why should I set up a Creator Account?
Converting your profile to a Creator Account will allow you access to a set of tools that make it easier to control your online presence, understand your growth and manage your direct messages.
Here are some of the features available to Creators:
- Simplified inbox: You can now move messages between your Primary and General Inboxes; flag and filter direct messages; and even prioritise pending message requests by time or prominence of the account sending them.
- Growth insights: Better understand what content helps grow your audience by mapping new and existing posts to net follower changes.
- Contact information and category labels: Your contact information and category labels (e.g athlete, author or blogger) are optional and can be turned on and off.
For more information on how to set up a Creator Account, check out this article from Instagram's help centre.
How do I connect my Creator Account to Hopper HQ?
Although Instagram no longer require you to link your profile to a Facebook Page, in order to connect to third-party tools (like Hopper HQ) you will need to have connected a Facebook Page* to your Creator Account.
For more information on how to connect a Facebook Page to your Creator or Business Account, check out this article from Instagram's help centre.
Adding your Creator Account to Hopper HQ:
- Press the 'Add Account' button and choose Instagram
- Confirm your timezone and press 'next'
- Select 'Facebook Connect' and follow the steps outlined in Facebook
- Choose the correct account from the list and confirm
If you have any difficulty connecting your account via Facebook, or the account you're looking for doesn't appear in the list, please check out this article from our help centre and get in touch if you have any questions.
*If you don't have a Facebook Page, don't worry - you can create one when converting your profile to a Creator Account.