Zapier enables Hopper HQ users to publish posts to Instagram through their service. The advantages of this are:
- Much faster posting (seconds vs minutes)
- Much better quality (Instagram upload your original image)
- Much much more stable connection (no more worrying if your post is ready 🙌)
However, there are several limitations at this time that should be known BEFORE proceeding:
- You must have a Zapier account (a free one will do*)
- Currently only single image posts are supported (no carousels or videos!)
*Please bear in mind that Zapier's free plan allows 100 tasks per month.
With that said, let's connect Zapier!
Hopper HQ links to Zapier using a "Hopper HQ Token". This is a long list of letters and numbers that is unique to the User or Team. If you have multiple social network accounts, you will only need to generate one Token to be used for all accounts in the same team or user dashboard.
To generate a token:
- Log into app.hopperhq.com
- Go to the Instagram account you wish to connect
- Go to the settings for the account
- In the Zapier Connection settings, click on the Generate Hopper HQ Token. Note that if a Token is already shown, there is no need to generate a new one.
You are now ready to connect to Zapier!
Connecting to Hopper HQ via Zapier
1. First of all, you need to head to your account's Connection Settings and press the 'Refresh Connection' button, to make sure your Facebook permissions are up to date.
2. Next, you'll need to generate a token for Zapier by hitting the 'Generate Hopper HQ Token' button in your Connection Settings - if you haven't already done so.
3. Copy the Hopper HQ Token shown and press the 'Create Zap' button to open Zapier to create your first Hopper HQ Zap!
4. If you don't already have an account you will need to create a free one, or log into your existing Zapier account.
5. First, you'll need to sign in to Hopper HQ and connect your account to Zapier.
6. When you hit 'Sign in to Hopper HQ' you will be asked to enter the token from your Connection Settings in Hopper HQ, paste your token into the field below and hit 'Yes, Continue'.
7. Once you've logged into Hopper HQ, you'll then need to login to your Instagram Business account, as shown below.
You'll be taken to a similar connection flow to one covered here - to prevent friction in the future, we recommend selecting all of your accounts. We'll only publish content to the accounts you have Zaps for.
8. Make sure that the accounts you've connected are correct and, when you're happy, press 'Turn on Zap'!
If you want to change the name of your Zap, head to your Zaps and select 'Rename' from the dropdown menu.
Please bear in mind, if you didn't select all accounts when first creating your Zap, you will need to update your Zapier settings in your Facebook Business Integrations before connecting new profiles.
If you have any issues with any of these steps, get in touch with a member of the support team and include any screenshots of error messages within Zapier.